Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 18 - You have got to be poopin me.

First of all I cannot believe that I have been blogging for 18 days.  This morning I was thinking about it and was convinced that I had been counting wrong.  Just now I counted every blog and sure as poop I am on Day 18.  Twelve more days and I will have formed a habit.  Which also means I will have started to form a habit in regards to eating right.   Guess I will have to think up a goal for the next 30 days.  Any suggestions?

Just for poop and giggles I want to talk about supplements today.

SUPPLEMENT -
Dictionary.com
1.
something added to complete a thing, supply a deficiency, or reinforce or extend a whole.

Now this definition confuses me because it is contradicting itself.  3/4 of the definition is about completing or filling something that is missing and the last 1/4 says to extend a whole.  So which one is it?

Merriam-Webster.com
a : something that completes or makes an addition

Okay fine we will look up another word then:
Dietary Supplement:  : a product taken orally that contains one or more ingredients (as vitamins or amino acids) that are intended to supplement one's diet and are not considered food.

Ok Ok I can follow that.  But any way you want to twist or turn it...it is to fill in something that is missing or needed even if for a short time.  

So why do we take supplements?  Because our bodies are lacking in some area, a vitamin, a mineral, acids, etc.  So we take a few 5, 10, 40 pills and call it a balanced day.  Mass produced vitamins claim to give us the minerals are bodies are lacking because our current foods are not giving us what we need (I wrote about this earlier).  There are 5 things our bodies need: amino acids, fatty acids, glucose, vitamins and minerals.  These items need to be in balance.  Sunrider foods are whole food herbs (not chemicals, not preservatives) that keep the body in balance by feeding our bodies with amino acids, fatty acids, glucose, vitamins and minerals.  Then because our bodies are in balance the only supplements we need are additional whole food herbs to feed a particular function in the body (see yesterday's blog).  

All I know is that I am feeling much better than I have in a long time.  So I may not know everything about the chemistry and blending of the herbs but I do know that they have changed my life. I do know that Dr. Chen knows how to blend and provide the best foods for my body.  I plan on living a long time and hope many others will join me.

Breakfast:  Vitashake - the usual

Snack:  Sunbar

Lunch: salad with curry broccoli, edamame, tomato and onion.  It was really yummy but not filling.
Sooooo I ate 1/2 cup of tuna fish salad.

Snack:  Sunbar (wasn't very hungry at this point but still ate)

Dinner: Applebees - Chicken and Portobello with broccoli - no appetizers, no drinks (I see a habit forming)

I have also realized that Calli tea really changes my day.  It is so cleansing and gives me energy!!!!

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT:
Quinary® 

In keeping with Chinese tradition and the Philosophy of Regeneration, daily maintenance of the body with proper nutrition is key to preventing physical malfunction. Dr. Chen created Quinary®as a convenient way to keep the body’s five major systems in balance.* He combined Alpha 20C®, Assimilaid®, Conco, Lifestream® and Prime Again® into a special, complex formula for Quinary®.

Quinary® supplement helps maintain health rather than waiting for the body to malfunction. It addresses the body's systems collectively as well as individually. Although it is very difficult to achieve with a formula as complex as this one, our blended herbs are maintained without preservatives or synthetic chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment