Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 16 - It's a Gosh Darn Miracle

Tonight I was going to write about Eastern Medicine versus Western Medicine but I feel more pressed to share what I deem as a miracle.  An amazing thing has happened....a miracle has happened.

Just to share I have suffered from migraines for 16 years.  I started having them after having two ephiderals while giving birth to my son.  Now I could blame it on him after all he is a boy and kids can do that to you, but my son is so amazing that no one would believe me.  Some of my main triggers are chocolate, sulfites from wine, MSG, aged cheese and weather changes.  I tried just about everything possible to stop them.  Read as much as I could about causes, cures, etc.  Acupuncture, Chiropractic Care, Massages, becoming vegetarian, cutting preservatives, nitrates, MSG and other chemicals, aromatherapy oils, several types of mediations for prevention and to get rid of them once I have them and the scariest was getting injections into my neck and spine.  All to no avail.  I was getting at least 15 migraines a month at one point,with my worst month having 20.  I finally scaled them down to 5 a month with taking 3 pills a night.  I always told people that it felt like my body was out of balance, something just wasn't right.  I was drinking Sunrider off an on for 3 months before starting this blog.  Now I am drinking it every day and have stopped taking my nightly medicines.

Something has changed, I am not feeling the constant throbbing and pain that I was every day for the last 16 years.  I feel a shift has happened in my body.  The whole area where my migraines would start and grow feels different.  I noticed this change a couple of days ago.  We had an amazing storm the other night. Lots of rain, thunder and lightening.  This, or any storm, for that matter always brings about a migraine.  I was told it has to do with pollens in the air and the barometric pressure.  I didn't get a migraine.  Today at my work we had a sample tasting (which I will not do often but being a new-bee I wanted to fit in (a topic for another day)).  Our products have some of the things that would cause a migraine before Sunrider.  I didn't eat much of the snacks because I am more aware of what I eat but I had a enough (about 12 chips) that I would have had a migraine within an hour.  I didn't get a migraine.  I don't know if you understand how amazing that is.  Then tonight I supported a friend at a wine tasting.  I ate aged cheese and drank some red wine (again I am learning moderation).  Both of these items would also have given me a migraine within an hour.  And as I sit here and write, I feel great.  Now I don't take this as a sign that I can start eating these things again.  On the contrary, I see that because I am feeding my body the nutrients it needs and it is balancing itself out that I want to continue on this path of being Healthy from the Inside Out.  I will only continue to feel better, more healthy and balanced.  I don't know that I won't get migraines anymore and only time will tell.  All I know is that I am starting to feel better and I am so excited about what that means for me in the future.

Breakfast:  Vitashake with berries, fortune delight, vitajuice.  Vitaspray.

Snack:  Sunbar

Lunch:  Salad with salmon, veggies and wheat flat bread (1/2 slice).  Vitaspray.

Snack:  Sunbar and Nuplus shake with fruit, fortune delight and vitajuice

Dinner:  Sunbar before the wine tasting.  This helped me cut back on eating cheese and crackers, nuts and wine.  Vitaspray.

Took my quinary, metabooster and metashaper.

Drank all my fortune delight and one vial of evergreen.

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT:

VitaSpray® 

The primary ingredient in VitaSpray® is Vitamin B12, a water-soluble vitamin, part of the Vitamin B complex that is so important in the maintenance of optimum health. People following a strict vegetarian diet are more likely to require B12 supplements, because B12 comes primarily from animal products, such as eggs, meat, poultry, shellfish and milk products.

Vitamin B12 is important for metabolism, the formation of red blood cells and the maintenance of the central nervous system.* Each spray of this specially formulated herbal complex provides 200% of the recommended daily value of Vitamin B12, and is especially handy for people who have difficulty swallowing vitamin tablets and capsules.

No comments:

Post a Comment