Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 3 - I will survive, I will survive, hey, hey

Uno, Dos, Tres Arriba - Ok I didn't have a fiesta, in fact I haven't even craved mexican food which is my favorite food.  That is amazing to me.  However today was a tad bit more difficult for me.  Aside from owning my own event planning business, and selling Avon, and being an IBO for Sunrider and being a single mom, I also have a corporate 8-5 job.  

I happen to have recently started working for a snack food manufacturer.  This company is so amazing to work for.  The people are wonderful, they care about their employees, pretty much everyone works together and there is little politics.  But they also have a lunch room with free product and provide us with water, and soda.  So outside the confines of my office all day I hear people popping  open soda cans and pulling open snack bags.  Let me tell you my downfall besides mexican food. I am a carb person, give me salty, give me sweet...just give it to me.  Now if it isn't around I do just fine.  But when it is right in my face and an ear shot away it is not so easy.  Now the soda I can pass on.  But hearing the bags open and knowing my company makes very tasty snacks I started to crave them.  Instead of shoveling 5 snack bags (because that is so much better than just eating one large bag) I poured myself some more Fortune Delight and popped a Sunbar instead and I survived.  The craving passed and there was balance.  And I thought how Gloria Gaynor's song "I will survive" perfectly depicts me telling my cravings to take a hike.


At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinkin I could never live without you by my side
But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong
And I grew strong, and I learned how to get along

And so you're back, from outer space
I just walked in to find you here, with that sad look upon your face
I should've changed that stupid lock, I should've made you leave your key
If I'd have known for just one second you'd be back to bother me.

Go on now go, walk out the door,
Just turn around now, cause you're not welcome anymore.
Weren't you the one who tried to hurt me with good-bye,
You think I'd crumble, you think I'd lay down and die.

Oh, no not I, I will survive,
Oh as long as I know how to love, I know I'll stay alive
I've got all my life to live, I've got all my love to give
And I, l will survive, I will survive....Hey, hey



Food Consumption for the day:





  • As usual I started with a Strawberry Vitashake with bananas, blueberries, and SunnyDew.  I also drank some Cali Mint tea.  Along with Quinary and Metashapers.   
  • Mid-morning snack - Sunbar
  • Lunch I ate a chicken sandwich and some chili.  The chili was better than the fries but not as healthy as the salad.  I will really really try next time to get a salad but I make no promises. Along with Quinary and Metashapers. 
  • Mid-afternoon snack - Sunbar
  • Dinner - After washing my fruits and veggies in SunSmile Veggie and Fruit Rinse I diced up some shallots, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, yellow and green squash and sauteed it in garlic olive oil with sea salt and pepper.  Then I added, Dr. Chens Secret Sauce.  I steamed some brown rice and topped it with the aromatic veggies.  It was Legen - wait for it, wait for it - dary.  Even my dad liked it and asked what the sauce was.  :o)
  • After Dinner - Sunbar
  • I also used 6 packets of Fortune Delight and drank 3 glasses of alkaline and de-ionized water.
And for the booty update - yes I did use the stairs twice today.  Still not any easier but 'I WILL SURVIVE, I WILL SURVIVE, HEY, HEY".


If you would like to learn how to get healthy and be wealthy, then contact me at rgibson16@cox.net or call me at 602-329-5159.  This will change your life, just like it is changing mine.

PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT:  VITASHAKE





vitaShake® makes a great meal replacement or snack. This whole-food powder is made with high-quality soybeans, loaded with essential nutrients, and enhanced with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.


Its powder form mixes easily with water, and the packs are handy when youʼre on the go. This whole food concentrate makes a healthful snack or meal replacement that everyone can enjoy.

Nutritional Features
Whole food concentrate 



Enhanced with vitamins and minerals 

Made from soy protein (similar to superconcentrated tofu) 

Contains a probiotic soluble-fiber carbohydrate 

Formulated with Coix Fruit, a powerful antioxidant 

Contains whole fiber • Exclusive formulation maximizes nutrient absorption 

Contains no chemically processed or animal-based protein 

Low in sodium 

Contains no ephedra or artificial sweeteners


No comments:

Post a Comment