Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 7 - Who's on First?

For those of you who have never seen or read Abbott and Costellos "Who's on First" well then you have been missing out.  This script is exactly how I feel about Weight Loss Programs around the world today.  A part of the script goes like this:

Abbott: No. What is on second.
Costello: You don't want who on second?
Abbott: Who is on first.
Costello: I don't know

Check out the full comedy at Abbott and Costello - Who's On First

This is exactly how these programs make me feel.  I don't know who is on first, what is on second, and I don't know is on third.  And I don't really think any of them know who is in the game, how to play it to win, how to duplicate the success and how to be good leaders to show others the way.  What is going on is that they just put money behind advertising to make money but they don't really care about the people that buy their products and/or services.  "Get skinny fast to be healthy".  In my opinion, getting skinny fast is not the way to be healthy.

You know that statement that you see in weight loss ads after someone lost 100 lbs in 2 weeks.  It reads "not typical results".  I feel like saying "no shit sherlock".  I really want to meet one of these "not typical results" people.  I want to know besides the miracle pill that they took what else they gave up, what else they changed, and do they think they will sustain it.  At least with Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig you know they changed how they ate, reduced caloric intake, increased fiber intake, and probably exercised.  But then again most people in those meetings are back again or have devoted their lives to attending meetings and weighing in.  But are magic pills, Weight Watchers, HCG, Medfast or Jenny Craig sustainable?  I really want to know how many people have used these programs and really changed their lifestyle in a way that they could stop counting points, ordering meals, going into a weight loss office, or taking a pill.   How many could hold themselves accountable without these programs?  I tried weight watchers and lost a lot of weight but with such a busy life it was not sustainable for me to continue to write down everything I eat or attend meetings every Saturday.  As they say, "If you bite it, write it.", "If you nibble it, scribble it".  I don't want to buy processed foods with chemicals paired down to the right caloric intake (Jenny Craig and Medfast).  I don't want Magic Pills that you have to restrict what you do (Healthe' Trim you can't eat for 2 hours after taking and it contains caffeine). We won't even discuss HCG which is very unhealthy for you.  I mean come on, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you eat 500 calories a day and drink water, that you will lose weight.   But 500 calories is not healthy or sustainable.  I want easy, healthy and sustainable.  At this point I feel that Sunrider gives me that because I still get to eat real food, the shakes and bars are easy, I feel full and balanced.  But only time will tell.  And I don't feel like I am trying too hard or am restricting myself.  It always seems when I feel that I am "giving up" something or "restricting" myself or I have to "think too hard" about it that I give up.  I don't feel that I will give up on Sunrider or they (Drs. Chen and Sunriders) will give up on me.


I have completed my first week on the Vitalite program and I feel really good.  Tomorrow I step on the scale and am not expecting much because I am the norm and not the "not typical results" woman.  Taking off the pounds is important to me but being healthy from the inside out really matters.  I must get myself in balance and this lifestyle change has to be something I believe I can do for the rest of my life. Hence my little blog above.  The other difference is that Drs. Chen, their children and other Sunriders care.  I say that because I have met them personally even though I have only been in the program for 4 months.  And they all very much know whos on first, what is on second and how to duplicate and lead.


Breakfast:  Mixed Berry Nuplus (1/2 a scoop), Strawberry Vitashake (1/2 packet), Fortune Delight, Vita Juice, 1 cup mixed fruit, and Water.  Very Yummy!!!!


Lunch: Sandwich ( 2 slices of sourdough, hummus, turkey meat, provolone cheese), Melon, 1/2 cup couscous.


Snack: Sunbar


Dinner: Salmon Salad (fresh salmon, gibsons seasoning, celery, red onion, parsley, tomatoes) and 1 oz salmon filet.  It was soooo good.  


Snack:  Sunbar


and I consumed the usual metaboosters, metashapers and quinary, along with Fortune Delight.  


Today I also received a massage and it helped so much.  If you need a really good and affordable massage therapist that will come to your house, then call me.


I start to workout tomorrow and I weigh myself.


PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: QUINARY



BALANCE – Nourishes the systems of the body to create Balance and Harmony.

The root word of "quin" means five and Quinary is a combination of 5 different formulas created to nourish the systems of the body.

In keeping with Chinese tradition and the Philosophy of Regeneration, daily maintenance of the body with proper nutrition is key to preventing physical malfunction. Dr. Chen created Quinary® as a convenient way to keep the body’s five major systems in balance.* 

Quinary® supplement helps maintain health rather than waiting for the body to malfunction. It addresses the body's systems collectively as well as individually. Although it is very difficult to achieve with a formula as complex as this one, our blended herbs are maintained without preservatives or synthetic chemicals.


Quinary® Formula is made from Alpha 20C, Assimilaid, Conco, Lifestream, and Prime Again and Nourishes the Defense System, Digestive System, Respiratory System, Circulatory System and Endocrine System. 
- Use a packet of Quinary® powder with every meal.  For convenience you might want to try the capsules.
- 1-3 powder packets per day to keep organs and systems strong!
- Eat more at the first sign of weakness, even during the night.
Quinary® powder dissolves instantly in any liquid, or eat it straight from the packet.
- Mix Quinary® with NuPlus and/or Calli for a nutritious "meal in a mug."
- Add Quinary® to your smoothies or other foods.
- Also available in capsule form.
- Liqui-Five (liquid) is even more effective because of its quicker assimilation and more immune-system food.  Vials may be re-capped and sipped on as desired throughout the day.
- Delicious in tart juices.
- You can eat unlimited capsules daily from any of the formulas without concern of overdoing it.
Dr. Chen's personal favorite, he regularly drinks a vial of Quinary® and follows it with a Sunrise vial for an energy boost!
Want to speed up your Regeneration:
Always have Nuplus, Quinary® and Calli as a foundation for nourishment.
10  Quinary® capsules = 1 Quinary® powder packet = 1 Liqui-Five vial.
REMEMBER - G-D CREATED US AS MIRACULOUS BEINGS - 
YOUR BODY WILL TELL YOU WHAT IT NEEDS. 
Terrific WHOLE-FOOD nourishment!
Thank you to Kay for much of this information on Quinary®.

No comments:

Post a Comment